Measuring & documenting pressure: With prescale pressure measurement films
The prescale pressure measurement film is an easily usable tool that shows the distribution and strength of pressure between two touching, joining or converging surfaces. This type of film is made of polyester, which consists of layers of very small microcapsules. The application of force to the film breaks the microcapsules to produce a “topographic” image of the pressure variations on the contact surface with immediate and permanently high resolution.
How the film works
You can simply place the pressure measuring film between the two surfaces. After that, the pressure is generated, and the film is removed. The pressure profile between the two surfaces will be displayed immediately. Alongside the evaluation graphics, we can provide you with suitable software, including a scanner that can be used for your documentation.
- Ultra Extreme Low (5LW): 0.006 Mpa to 0.05 Mpa
- Extreme Low (4LW): 0.05 MPa to 0.2 MPa
- Ultra Super Low: 0.2 MPa to 0.6 MPa
- Super Low: 0.5 MPa to 2.5 MPa
- Low: 2.5 MPa to 10 MPa
- Medium (MW): 10 MPa to 50 MPa
- Medium (MS): 10 MPa to 50 MPa
- High: 50 MPa to 130 MPa
- Super High: 130 MPa to 300 MPa